From a very early age James has been studying music. His career began at age 7 when he took up singing lessons and has been performing ever since and has performed in many notable venues and with a large number of professional performers.
James’ first theatre experience was at age 9 when he played the part of Kurt Von Trapp with Strathfield Musical Society. Since then he has played a large number of notable roles including:
• Colin Craven – The Secret Garden
• Randolph Macafee – Bye Bye Birdie
• Joseph – Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
• Judas Iscariot – Jesus Christ Superstar
• Raul – Phantom of the Opera
Other notable performances include:
• Working alongside Frank Ifield in “The Frank Ifield Show”
• 2009 School Spectacular – Featured Artist
• Representing Australia in the “New Asia Singing Competition” held in China
James has recently opened up his own music school and studio called “Angel of Music Studio,” and hopes that he will be able to use his experiences to inspire a younger generation of aspiring performers.
“It’s been a long time coming for Camden to have their own dedicated theatre company. There are a lot of talent people in this area and we feel there’s hardly anywhere for them to perform and to hone their craft. That’s why we’re here.” – James Cassar